How to Be More Active
Everyone wants look good and feel good. Here are Trainer Scott’s tips on How to Be More Active;
Try sports – sports are a great way to burn some serious calories without even knowing it. You’ll be so focused on the game, you’ll forget about all that fat you’re burning.
Walk the dog – grab Sparky and hit the street. The dog is a great distraction compared to walking alone.
Get to the park – get out in the world, see the outdoors, get some fresh air, move around, and burn some calories.
Go to the gym – there are plenty of videos online to show you what to do. If you still want more guidance, consider getting personal trainer.
Get a fit tracker – Fitbit, Garmin, whichever one you have, use it. Set goals and achieve them. Then set new goals and get them too. Try to walk 10,000 steps in a day. Then go for 15,000, then 20,000!
Here are some other tips;
- Do housework yourself instead of hiring someone else to do it.
- Work in the garden or mow the grass. Using a riding mower doesn’t count! Rake leaves, prune, dig and pick up trash.
- Go out for a short walk before breakfast, after dinner or both! Start with 5-10 minutes and work up to 30 minutes.
- Walk or bike to the corner store instead of driving.
- When walking, pick up the pace from leisurely to brisk. Choose a hilly route. When watching TV, sit up instead of lying on the sofa. Or stretch. Better yet, spend a few minutes pedaling on your stationary bicycle while watching TV. Throw away your video remote control. Instead of asking someone to bring you a drink, get up off the couch and get it yourself.
- Stand up while talking on the telephone.
- Walk the dog.
- Park farther away at the shopping mall and walk the extra distance. Wear your walking shoes and sneak in an extra lap or two around the mall.
- Stretch to reach items in high places and squat or bend to look at items at floor level.
- Keep exercise equipment repaired and use it!